Hello friends !
Over the past few months I’ve collected quite a few new beauty products. With amazing sales and holiday gifts I’ve really bulked up my collection with some trusted favorites & some new products I’m already obsessing over. What I want to share with you today is my current obsession – Revlon’s new Mascara collection.
I’m already so in love with this line of mascaras. It’s the first time I’ve ever bought a complete collection! This isn’t really surprising since mascara is my #1 ride or die makeup item, and I’m currently rotating at least 5 at any given time. For this line, not only is the packing so chic and adorable, each mascara yields a completely unique result.
Here are the variations:
• Ultimate All-In-One
• Ultra Volume
• Super Length
• Volume + Length Magnified
• Dramatic Definition
I love each and every one of mascaras in this line. I originally started off with UAIO and Super Length (red and green) and was so beyond obsessed that I decided to go out and buy the entire line !! So far UAIO, UV and DD (red, pink, and purple) are my favorites, but I like them each for different looks. My every day makeup always plays up my eyes so I love having extra volume, but DD & SL (purple and green) are beautiful for a more natural look.
So really, if you haven’t tried these yet I highly recommend going to pick up one (or 3 or all 5).
Happy New Year !!! I cannot believe it is 2016. Crazy right!? According to what my sign can look forward to in 2016, this will be my year.
I decided I wanted to do a HNY Tag to kick off 2016 – don’t worry I plan on posting my best products of 2015 very soon!
Happy New Year TAG Questions:
1. What did you do for New Years Eve? I went with some of my best friends to a bar on the boardwalk. Super fun!
2. Do you have any New Years traditions? Just making a few resolutions & going out with my best friends.
3. Is there anything you love/hate about New Years? I love the sparkle and glitter and dramatic makeup of all the events :]
4. What was your resolution for the past year? Did you complete it? Probably to continue to workout, and stay healthy. I mostly completed it, when I was diagnosed in July I fell off the wagon for a bit. But I’m back on track now.
5. What is your resolution for the upcoming year? To follow my strict diet from my doctor, actually. Also to be more open minded and give people a chance.
6. What was your favorite thing that happened in 2015? I loved all the travelling I was able to do! I visited LA, Vegas, Scottsdale, Orlando (to name a few).
7. What are you most excited for in 2016? I don’t know! So many fun trips are already in the works. I love the summer by my house, so probably that.
8. What are three things you’d like to accomplish in the next year? 1. Following my diet 2. Deepening my yoga practice 3. Keeping in contact with some of my best friends who live across the country
9. What is your favorite thing to eat for New Years? Champagne.
The Sephora VIB sale was last week – aka one of my favorite times of the year. Not only are amazing gift sets out in time for The Holidays but also everything in stores and online is 20% off!
So here’s what I snatched up:
I really really had to resist, but there are so many more items on my lust list. Hopefully I’ll get some of these this season :]
Did you go to the VIB sale !? What did you get !?
You all know by now that fall is my ultimate favorite season, so I wanted to share my every day makeup / fall favorites in the makeup world.
• Benefit POREfessional
• Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation
• Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer
• Benefit Hoola Bronzer
• Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore
• Urban Decay Naked 3
• Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
• Tarte Gifted Mascara
I love all these products so so so much! Tried and true favorites for sure. What’s your go to look this fall !?
So if you’ve been following along with me on Instagram you know I was in Disney earlier this month and went to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. My best friend Staci and I went as Todd and Copper aka The Fox and the Hound ! It was adorable and I loved how our costumes turned out.
I’ve recently realized my favorite costume style is makeup based. This Halloween I’m going to be a fox and a unicorn (different days, don’t worry!) Both of these costumes require basic attire and ears// a horn and makeup will take care of the rest !!
So here are the products I used and some general guidelines to get the look!!:
• Most tutorials show the fox having a white jawline, but lucky for me I naturally have a Snow White glow. I used my lightest foundation and layered a white glowy highlight under my eyes and on my chin.
• Foxes can be orange or brown tinted, so bronzer is your best bet for achieving this look. I took my darkest bronzer (Too Faced Chocolate Soleil) and loaded up my brush and HEAVILY contoured my cheeks. This will define the white v brown part of the fox jaw. I also used this along my hairline and on my nose.
• I then look a lighter bronzer (Benefit Hoola) and applied this all over my forehead and cheeks to fill in the brown look.
• To define my eyebrows, I actually applied a black mascara – strange, but works !
• I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black to draw on my nose. I also used this color on my top lip. I used a purple Revlon lipstick on my bottom lip and blended some of the black into this as well ! To connect my nose and lip I used my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. I also used this to draw on my little whisker dots.
• The rest of the look is all about the eyes. To achieve a dark smoky eye I used the NYX Jumbo Pencil as a base. I then used my Naked 2 Palette to create a brown/ black smoky eye. I used Tease, but mostly Black Out to set and smoke out the look. I also smudged out Chopper and Tease on my lower lash line. Next, I took my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner to draw a thick black line and tiny wing. I extended this eyeliner down my nose a bit to get the Fox eye effect. To finish off the look, I applied generous amounts of very black mascara !
I can’t wait to recreate the look this week, and I hope you all have wonderful Halloweens!